Getting to the site and other essentials…
‘Bundilla Scout Camp’ is a campsite located in the Greater Western Sydney Region. Entrance to the campsite is through 6 Baden Powell Place, Winston Hills NSW Australia, about 10 minutes (5km) north of Parramatta and 30 minutes (32km) west of Sydney. This is the location that Viscountess Cairistiona used for 12th Night 2018 in Rowany. It lends itself very well to relaxed, alfresco dining on warm evenings, which is what we plan.
Website: Bundilla Scout Camp
Address: 6 Baden Powell Place, Winston Hills, NSW, Australia.
10 minutes (5km) north of Parramatta, a major hub suburb and about 30 minutes (32km) west of Sydney.
The Steward will do her utmost to have her weather people on point. However the weather, we can’t predict it, but you can find the historical averages and keep yourself updated HERE. All we can say is, hopefully it won’t be a repeat of 12th Night, 2018…
Getting to Bundilla
If using public transport, we recommend checking the NSW Trip Planner website HERE
– Opal cards are no longer mandatory as both train and bus now take paywave cards and treat them like Opal cards (good news for out of towners)
– However, if you would still like to use an Opal Card, they can be purchased at train stations, most newsagencies and some post offices. Ensure that you tap on and tap off using your Opal card. You don’t want to add a $200 fine to your November Crown costings!
From the Airport
- Go to Sydney Airport Domestic or Sydney Airport International Train Station.
- At either of these stations go to Platform 1.
- Catch the train to Central Station and change to Platform 18 (the Western Line) for your train to Parramatta.
- Travel time is approximately 45 minutes.
- Approximate Train Fares from Airport to Parramatta (these may have changed).
Central Station (Sydney)
If you are coming from the East (City), Take the M4 and exit on the Cumberland Highway, turn Right onto the Cumberland Highway. At the overpass, turn right onto Old Windsor Rd (It’s a large T intersection). Turn Left onto Kleins Rd. Then Left onto Fletchers St and Left onto Reilley’s Rd and Bundilla is at the end of the street. You will recognise the Scouts sign.
If you are coming from the North (Mordenvale), Come off the Freeway and onto Pennant Hills Rd, heading towards Parramatta. Follow Pennant Hills Rd all the way down until you get to James Ruse Drive. Turn Right onto that. Turn Right onto Kleins Rd, Left onto Fletchers St, Left onto Reilley’s Rd. Bundilla is at the end of the street.
Coming from the West (Dismal Fogs) Drive down the M4 and take the Cumberland Highway exit. Turn left onto Cumberland Highway. Right onto Old Windsor Rd, left onto Klein’s Rd, Left onto Fletchers St, Left onto Reilleys Rd. Bundilla is at the end of the street.
Or… use a GPS.
Onsite accommodation is available on site for Saturday night. For those travelling that may seek accommodation on Friday evening, a mixture of offsite options such as hotels close to site are available, or we can arrange billeting upon request.
- Bunk style accommodation is available onsite; however, it will be capped at 60 people and preference given to interstate/international travellers, families and those with special needs. Please let us know what accommodation you require when you book.
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN BEDDING & TOWELS if staying in bunks. Alternatively, please let us know prior to the event (preferably when booking) if assistance obtaining these needed items is required. We can help.
- Camping is available onsite too.
Not far from the site (5 minutes), there is a local shopping centre/mall. It has many conveniences such as Woolworths, Coles & Aldi Supermarkets, BigW (for those towels you forgot to bring), Liquor vendors, a Ronni’s ($2 shop) and a News Agency. You can find directions from Bundilla to the Winston Hills Mall, HERE!
The local Bunnings (Hardware etc) is at Northmead, which is a short, 10 minute drive from Bundilla, into the next suburb. Dircetions from Bundilla to Bunnings are HERE!